PS 260 is a creative business in the editorial and post-production space that provides award-winning work for films, commercials and music videos. Some of our client roster includes: Jet Blue, Facebook, Peloton, Acura, UPS, Google, M&M's, and many more. Our offices are located in New York City, Venice, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
We are now opening our doors to a super qualified, production fiend, who wants to learn the ins and outs of Editing and post-production from the ground up…and we shall call them RUNNER! This position is for our NYC office.
We are on the hunt for someone to provide support to our clients, staff and facility. Candidates should be polished, punctual, and dependable with a flair and passion for creative solutions, high positive energy, and an obsession for cleanliness and service. Candidates should have an interest in taking a career track to be an Editor.
- You will work with our staff to make clients feel welcomed and relaxed in our office atmosphere (for when sessions are in-person, though we are largely remote at the moment).
- You will observe and learn the ins and outs of post production and editing from some of the greats!
- You will help in planning creative, and often fun tasks for birthdays, client celebrations or just office shenanigans. Have you ever had to find a life size card board cut out of Beyonce, or a Ukulele on a rainy Tuesday night? We have! You'll work to test your creativity and resourcefulness, with the speed of Usain Bolt and the smile of Kenneth the Page.
In addition to learning, you'll earn your keep by:
- Going on runs/errands, ordering, stocking, and taking inventory
- Cleaning up before/after clients, setting up and removing food or furniture in client suites, overall tidying of the facility to ensure it's in pristine shape at all times.
- Provide a welcoming full service atmosphere to our facility and clients
Some OT or weekend OT may be required.
Successful candidate will be POSITIVE and happy, quick on their feet, meticulous about cleanliness and always seeking to be busy and improve our clients experience. This is the open door you've been waiting for.
Since we are a unique shop, and very much like a family, we are careful, thorough and conscious in our hiring. With that said, it is difficult to register a candidates enthusiasm and passion for this position in a plain, ordinary resume. We need you to knock us out.
Each candidate MUST submit:
-a short video showing what you can bring to the table! (:60 or less)
Each applicant must submit a video of him/herself describing who they are and demonstrating what they can bring to the position of runner at PS 260 and why they should be hired - not a reel of work, but an actual video of yourself (under :60) describing why you would be an asset to PS 260 and why you would enjoy being a Runner here. We encourage creativity here – we are a post production house after all! Keep in mind we will be receiving a lot of applications and videos, so make your video stand out!
Please e-mail all application materials to email@example.com
Applications without videos will not be considered.
No phone calls please.